|Webpage contents Copyright © 2005–2017 of MaioCV.com
All rights reserved.
Chris & Chris, Vila Maris #21, June 2009 (page 16)
Electricity!Click on image to view fullsize image.
When we arrived, we were sharing the hotel Bella Vistas power. This was fine during the day but once night kicked in, the spur shorted out and we had no electricity until the next morning. This was a little concerning, as the electric also powers the water pump for the property. We did see some activity by the Electricity company, Elektra, thinking that they would be fixing the problem, but no, they disconnected us completely from the hotel.
There is a generator on our site that Livio started for us. This obviously runs on petrol, I learnt how to start it in the mornings and switch it off before going to bed. Don't be alarmed by this. This is a temporary measure that will be rectified before the site is fully completed.
Ours is temporary at the moment and will be installed properly before we return.
Things to bring next time:
- Nice bathroom cabinet with light
- TV & bracket
- Baking tray (can't find one on the island)
- Door wedges (at the moment we are using stones) needed when windows are open.
- Frying pan (the ones we have found are not very substantial)
- Energy saving light bulbs
- Small tool set
- Scouring pads
- Dish cloths
- Candle holders (you never know when there is going to be a power cut on the whole island)
- Furniture polish
- Hand held vacuum
- Grout cleaner